Online small group tuition
How it works
Do you relish the opportunity to be tutored in a small class environment? Perhaps you don’t attend a formal ‘school’ and are usually educated at home but crave more peer to peer contact within a structured online setting? Or maybe you do attend school but wish to learn online? Whatever your preferences, online tuition in a small class may be arranged. Finding a suitable class of peer to learn alongside is a pre-requisite to this style of tuition being offered and sustained. After a FREE, online initial 1-2-1 assessment of your skills and goals, I can keep an eye out for a suitable pairing or we may discuss 1-2-1 sessions. Sessions are taught using Zoom.
Perhaps you still have some questions? If so, do get in touch.
Book your FREE online assessment today!
As with online VIP 1-2-1 tutoring, the process to begin online small group tutoring is relatively simple:
1. Book your FREE online, initial assessment with me to meet and discuss educational aspirations. You’ll see a link to ZOOM (my online meeting platform) where we may converse online.
2. I will assess strengths, weaknesses and goals. In order to begin online small group tutoring a suitable class of online peers must be found (those with similar aims/ ability to yourself) – this will either be offered, else other arrangements (such as online 1-2-1 tutoring) will be discussed.
3. We find a mutually convenient time to commit to regular, online small group tutoring.
4. Book your regular session(s) with me.
5. Begin to progress towards your English GCSE goals.
Online groupees may expect…
English expertise - online!
Everyone learns in a different way. Collectively, we learn as a group. This is where a great mixture of my English expertise and years of classroom experience combine to create a great online classroom for a small select number of ‘groupees’ to interact with my online lessons and make progress towards aspirations for the English GCSE.
Engaging, focused sessions
Each week the group will seek to surmount a new topic or skill which we feel needs work – this means group members may expect to ‘troubleshoot’ challenging areas within the dynamic environment that is teacher assisted group learning. As the online classroom tutor I will facilitate effective learning for all members of the group with lively discussion encouraged alongside the sharing of ideas.
Key to knowledge gaps!
With years of classroom experience, multiple degrees and a passion for English – I have a wealth of expertise to impart to you and your peers on a weekly basis. Whether it is simple essay writing techniques, de-coding Shakespeare or even practising your speaking and listening topic, my expertise will ensure you make progress and provide you all with the key to fill in any gaps in your subject knowledge!
Positive group learning
You’re a group learning online but you’re also individuals. To improve your English, you’ll receive regular, constructive feedback from me and each other to enable you both to shine. Weekly homework tasks and collective peer marking ensure students are aware of how they are doing and what they may need to do to improve. The combination of this feedback with ongoing collaboration result in happy, empowered students.